Skip to main content

Songs To Boost Self-Confidence plus My Fight For Self-acceptance

If there's anything I suffered from badly it was lack of self-confidence. For a long time I struggled to see myself as beautiful. Growing up I was a very chubby kid and because of this I felt like an outsider, odd and I resented myself. I felt ugly and the spiteful comments of some people confirmed it. Even though my parents saw me as very beautiful I never did. I wished I looked like everyone else. I wished I wasn't so fat or so short. To make matters worse came pimples. This just had to crown it all. What could be worse, being one of the first in your class to start having pimples. Having your peer mates shout 'Eeeww!!!' when you were in their midst. Staring at others be so free and comfortable in their skin and wondering why I wasn't  like them. Wondering why I couldn't act like the others.

I've come a long way in discovering who I am. I'm still discovering anyway. But I've realized if there's anything I am, its certainly not being ugly. It of course took a long time to realize this. It took years of staring at a mirror and trying to convince myself. It took a lot of data subscribing to confidence boosting sites. It took a deeper relationship with Jesus. In which I could tell Him of my every pain and battle.

I'm glad to say that I've passed that phase in my life. This is not to say I don't feel uncomfortable when I'm around people. Nope I still do sometimes. But now each time I hear a voice that tells me how ugly or weird or different I am from everyone else, I'm not afraid to shout back at that voice saying:
I AM BEAUTIFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE. I KNOW I'M DIFFERENT I'M AWARE I'M NOT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. BUT I PRAISE YAHWEH FOR THIS DIFFERENCE. I KNOW WHO I AM. I'M NOT UGLY, I'M LOVED BY MY FATHER IN HEAVEN AND THAT'S MORE THAN ENOUGH TO ME.

I still feel  awkward when I walk down the street, but this time not with doubt in my heart. Even if my mind might take a while processing the fact of who I am, my heart doesn't. My heart is sure and spirit convinced and that's what keeps me walking down that street.


Music has helped me a lot through these times of self-realization and it still does.
This is a list of songs that made me feel a whole lot better when I felt a whole lot unhappy:

  1. Imagine Me by Kirk Franklin
  2. No Better U by V.Rose
  3. Not So Average by V.Rose
  4. I Know Who I Am by Sinach
  5. Stay High by Jonathan McReynolds
  6. Lovin' Me by Jonathan McReynolds
  7. Headphones by Britt Nicole
  8. Ready Or Not by Britt Nicole feat. Lecrae
  9. Not Backing Down by Blanca
  10. Be All Right By KB
  11. Find Your Way by KB
  12. Smile by Jonathan Mcreynolds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiring Poem

Did you know that the month April is recognized as World Poetry month. In honour of this and also because I'm a poet, I'm publishing a self-written poem titled, I'm a Youth. The poem identifies the carefree lifestyle of youths of this generation. I wrote this poem through accumulated experiences, how I feel at times as well as what I see in many youths. Hope you are inspired; Poem: I'm a Youth I'm a youth This means I'm young I'm growing and developing I'm a youth This means I can be shy I can be immature I can do insensible things I'm a youth My mum says I'm strong headed I love to do things myself and take orders from no one. I'm a youth My dad gives me responsibilities I grumble, groan and cant wait to be in the company of my friends. I'm a youth This means I'm always concerned about my looks- shape, clothes, hair I try to be updated on the latest trends. I'm a youth I love to list

Still I Rise

“You may write me down in history With your bitter twisted lies You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I’ll rise” The above is an excerpt from the poem ‘Still I Rise’ by Maya Angelou one of the most renowned poets of all times. I just love this woman (She’s late by the way…tears). This poem is a personal favourite. In the course of our struggle, success story we will encounter setbacks- fact. We’ll experience disappointments, betrayals, failure. But it’s all meant to make you greater, give you a new strength and increase your wisdom. So do not lament over issues instead give joy and thanks for it is another opportunity to learn something new, break records and refine yourself. Yes, I am aware it’s not easy during times of difficulty but you have to learn to have a resilient spirit that says, “No matter what happens, how big the obstacle is, how tired I may seem, I will not give up, I will not let the problem overcome me. I shall conquer, possess and achieve greate

Who is a Christian youth

Hey guys! Its Teenella reporting live from her bedroom😉. I just started this blog and I've been thinking nonstop what I should write about.  I wanted to write some kind of mission statement. But it didn't seem appealing to me. So I've spared you the weary talk. 📝 I'm not saying mission statements are boring or. Unimportant. I'll do it later. Instead I'm going to explain what it means to be a christian youth. Two words here: Christian and youth. Definitions: Christian- a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination. Youth- a young person (especially a young man or boy) literally a Christian youth is a young person who is a follower of Christ. But I believe there's more to it than just a young follower. Surely it has a deeper meaning. What's you're understanding of a christian youth? To be continued....